In 2004, the Authority put in place a strategic plan that was intended to create a long-term vision for the organization. The plan, known as Seeing20/20, continues to involve all of Authority staff in making sure that all programs and services are carried out in support of the organization’s core values, mission statement, and vision statement.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. We pledge to fulfill our duties and deliver on our commitments.
- Excellence: We pursue distinction with a passion. We proactively assess our performance and strive to continuously improve programs, services, and work product.
- Innovation: We foster creativity as we explore opportunities and meet challenges.
- Teamwork: We pursue productive relationships through communication, collaboration, understanding, and respect.
Our Mission Statement
Providing Innovative Risk Management Solutions for Our Public Agency Partners
Our Vision Statement
We Will Exceed Our Members’ Expectations.
Develop Relations with Members
We will develop relations with members, and specifically:
- Engage members as partners
- Identify member challenges
- Understand member expectations
- Promote a culture of managing risk
Deliver Highly Valued Programs and Services
We will deliver highly valued programs and services, and specifically:
- Affiliate with competent partners
- Manage scarce resources
- Maintain excellence
- Measure outcomes
Enhance Organizational Effectiveness
We will enhance organizational effectiveness, and specifically:
- Communicate candidly
- Improve problem solving
- Invest in employee relations
- Practice core values
Be Efficient and Sustainable in Purpose
We will be efficient and sustainable in purpose, and specifically:
- Practice innovation
- Implement technologies
- Manage capacity
- Adapt and change
Over the years, the Board of Directors has dedicated resources for the continued enhancement of programs and services to fulfill a long-held commitment that is the essence of the Authority’s strategic vision. This commitment is necessary to ensure that plans to accomplish this vision are made with an appropriate understanding of the organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and also its opportunities and risks. The Authority will continue to inform the membership of plan progress, always seeking to engage members in order to fulfill the promise contained in the Authority’s vision statement.
Member Satisfaction Survey
The Authority has carried out surveys of member satisfaction every three years, beginning in 2004. The member satisfaction survey coincides with updating of the California JPIA strategic plan and continues to be an important measurement of the Authority’s performance in key areas of service to its members.
Broadly defined, the survey is designed to:
2016 Member Satisfaction Survey
- Measure overall satisfaction with the Authority's performance in meeting member needs
- Gauge awareness of existing programs and services
- Identify the perceived importance and satisfaction of specific programs and services
- Evaluate current communication methods and efforts
- Profile member perceptions of the California JPIA as an organization
- Compare findings from the 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2004 studies, where appropriate